• November 2018: Back in 2015, the Anglican Church in Darlington purchased and installed an Allen Protege model L5 organ - now they have just upgraded the installation with the addition of two new HR100 speaker enclosures. Speaking into the ceiling area of the sanctuary, the new speaker enclosures fill the building with sound, in contrast to the previous temporary installation, which blasted sound around at floor level. The new speaker installation dramatically improves the sound of the instrument, which in turn means an enhanced worship experience for those attending this church.
• September 2018: The Theatre Organ Society of Australia recently celebrated fifty years in Western Australia with a weekend of concerts and entertainment featuring Chris McPhee, Rosanne Hosking, John Pound and Tony Fenelon. About thirty people attended from interstate, plus healthy support from Perth theatre organ lovers, resulted in a well attended weekend of events. Allen Organs is proud to support this community group who provide musical entertainment to the people of Perth. Visit www.tosawa.org.au for more details of theatre organ activities.
• July 2018: Our Allen MOS124 organ is currently out on hire to a music pupil who requires a good quality practice instrument. She has just commenced lessons at Wesley Church and required an instrument that is built to AGO specifications, allowing her to easily transfer between consoles. She is thoroughly enjoying having an instrument to play in her own home.
Since the late 1970's, Ron Raymond has been manager and driving force behind Allen Organs in Western Australia. He has been assisted by his son Rodney, who to date has mainly been responsible for larger installations and technical support. Rodney has now taken over the management of the business and the business address has now changed to 3 Chamberlain Circle, BATEMAN 6150.
The studio will continue to be located at 14 Amery Street, COMO 6152, where Ron will be pleased to assist with any musical enquiries.
The new structure indicates our willingness to continue to provide unmatched customer support to the Allen Organ owners in Western Australia, and those who may be considering an Allen organ.
The reasons we exist: Incomparable Sound, Lasting Quality and Unparalleled Support.
• October 2017: Allen Organs were silver sponsors of the recent Australian Pastoral Musicians Network's 2017 conference held in Perth.
The conference featured three days of inspirational music and education held in October 2017 and was attended by over 320 people from around Australia and New Zealand.
The conference keynote presenters were David Hass, contemporary composer of Liturgical music, and Professor Claire Johnson, Director of the ACU Centre for Liturgy and Chair of the National Liturgical Music Board. Both speakers provided valuable insights into Liturgical music and in addition, these sessions were supplemented by 36 different workshop presentations.
To assist worship, Allen Organs provided a model L124 organ which was used during mass and various singing sessions (shown in the above photographs). Also on display was a smaller Repertoire II instrument.
The conference was a wonderfully inspirational experience and we are proud to have helped contributed to the success of this conference.
•May 2017: Hale School, a prestigious secondary school in Perth's western suburbs recently commissioned a new headmaster. Use of their Allen organ was required for the commissioning service. This involved moving the console from the Memorial Hall out onto the balcony, overlooking where over a thousand students and visitors would witness the event. Allen Organs in Perth were pleased to be able to assist in the setting up of this instrument for this prestigious occasion.
• September 2016: We are pleased to announce that the very latest Allen innovation and technology has arrived in Perth.
We have two new Allen models in our studio, one of which is fitted with GeniSys Voices.
GeniSys Voices provide the organist with two additional stops on each division, each of which is easily programmed from a selection of over 250 voices, each voice chosen to complement an organ specification. This provides the tonal diversity of a comprehensive stop list to even the most modest instruments. GeniSys Voices set a new standard for organist-friendly operation and include sounds that enhance every style of worship and organ literature!
Visit our Studio Organs page for more details and give us a call to come and hear this exciting new innovation from Allen Organs.
• A second hand Allen theatre organ has just become available for sale by the owner.
This is a 2 manual instrument with 27 speaking stops and a 2 channel audio system with internal speakers.
Visit our Second Hand Organs page for more details.
• May 2016: The latest new Allen organ installation in Perth is into the Chapel at Scotch College in Swanbourne. Scotch College first purchased an Allen organ in 1982, which was installed in their Memorial Hall. This organ served them faithfully over the intervening thirty plus years, so when considering an organ for the Chapel, an Allen organ was a logical choice.
Installed in May 2016, the organ is an Allen Bravura model L-10 which is also fitted with an Allen Navigator. The model L-10 has 28 speaking stops, and 41 stops in total. It has four tonal suites and in this organ, the optional Wurlitzer suite is installed. The organ has two audio channels, and these drive two speaker enclosures which are located at the front right hand side of the Chapel.
The Chapel is an architecturally designed building of unusual shape, with sharp raked ceilings and many unusual angles. It seats around 300 and has beautiful stained glass feature windows. The sound of the organ adequately fills the building, providing a wonderful addition to a lovely building.
• Jan 2016: Other recent local news is about installations into private residences. The latest private residence installation occurred in January 2016, when we installed a new Allen model CF-3 into a private residence in Coogee. This Allen organ replaced a pipe organ installation. The features of this instrument are:
• 23 speaking stops, 32 stops in total.
• 2 manuals, 1 expression pedal, internal speaker (two channel) 120W audio system.
• 6 general pistons, 4 divisional pistons, 4 capture memories.
• Advanced MIDI capabilities.
• LED stop action.
• Another private residence installation occurred back in July 2015, when we installed the instrument pictured on the right into a private residence. This organ was traded when Queens Park Catholic Church upgraded their organ earlier in 2015. The owner of this organ has played an Allen in his church for nearly forty years, but has now taken the opportunity to purchase an instrument for his home as well.
The organ is a model MDS-36, with 44 drawknobs, second voices on selected stops, a large capture action system, and two channel audio system.
And just before that, during June 2015, there was another organ installation in a private residence. A new Bravura model L-5 was delivered and installed into a home in Darlington. The L-5 has proven to be a popular model, this being the third L-5 installation in Western Australia in a 12 month period. With 27 stops and 4 tonal suites, this organ provides excellent value for money.
Allen Organs has produced some interesting videos which can now be viewed on YouTube.
Click here to view Allen videos on YouTube.